2021 MAZDA CX-9 Gas Mileage
Redondo Beach drivers know Mazda for their exciting experiences behind the wheel. While drivers expect excellent performance and skilled handling in their 2021 Mazda CX-9, what can they expect out of their fuel economy? This year, you expect the trend of balanced power and efficiency with the 2021 Mazda CX-9 mpg ratings. With up to 22 city/28 highway* mpg when equipped with FWD, you are sure to get the most out of your daily commute or weekend trips outside the city. The gas mileage will vary with the different trim levels, however it is clear, this Mazda SUV will take you farther for less.
2021 MAZDA CX-9 Gas Mileage Rating Per Trim
The 2021 Mazda CX-9 features four trim levels: Sport, Touring, Grand Touring, and Signature. Drivers from Manhattan Beach can choose between FWD and AWD to get the most out of their Mazda CX-9 mpg.
MAZDA CX-9 MPG Rating: Sport
- 2021 MAZDA CX-9 Sport FWD: 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway*
- 2021 MAZDA CX-9 Sport AWD: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway*
MAZDA CX-9 MPG Rating: Touring
- 2021 MAZDA CX-9 Touring FWD: 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway*
- 2021 MAZDA CX-9 Touring AWD: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway*
MAZDA CX-9 MPG Rating: Grand Touring
- 2021 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD: 22 mpg city/28 mpg highway*
- 2021 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring AWD: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway*
MAZDA CX-9 MPG Rating: Signature
- The Signature trim does not feature front-wheel drive.
- 2021 Mazda CX-9 Signature AWD: 20 mpg city/26 mpg highway*
2021 MAZDA CX-9: Performance Specs
What is behind the efficient 2021 Mazda CX-9 gas mileage? Mazda uses its advanced and innovative SKYACTIV® system to cut down on energy consumption while keeping the vehicle lightweight.
Learn more about Mazda engines and how to take care of them with the service center at South Bay Mazda.
- Engine: The SKYACTIV®-G 2.5T Dynamic Pressure Turbo DOHC 16-valve 4-cylinder engine with VVT generates 227 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque when using 87 octane regular unleaded fuel.
- Engine Components: The engine uses lightweight, aluminum alloy components to conserve fuel and help get great gas mileage.
- Transmission: Features a SKYACTIV®-Drive 6-speed automatic transmission with manual-shift and Sport Mode that allows for smooth shifting.
- Braking and Steering: The standard power-assisted brakes and steering lessen the mechanical strain on the drivetrain.
Learn More About What the MAZDA CX-9 Can Offer!
Now that you’ve learned about the Mazda CX-9 gas mileage and what that means for its performance, it’s time to give it a test drive at South Bay Mazda near Hawthorne. Contact us! Our expert finance team is here to answer any question, help you with valuing your trade, or provide you with other car buying tips!
More from South Bay Mazda
The newest iteration of the Hawthorne area beloved Mazda CX-5 is an efficient, powerful, and stylish SUV that features a new, head-turning design on the outside. But, what of the inside? If you’re looking for an SUV with incredible performance, comfortable spaces, and more than enough cargo room, the Mazda CX-5 may be the way…
If you’re thinking about buying a new vehicle, and you find yourself in the market for one with real leather seats, you’ll be happy to know that many Mazda models, including the Mazda CX-5 Signature, Mazda CX-9 Signature, Mazda6 Signature, and certain Miata coupes have just what you are looking for! Not only do they…
Which Mazda SUV has 3rd row seating and enough space to haul your family and cargo around Redondo Beach? The Mazda CX-9 combines a robust and stylish exterior with a comfortable and expansive interior. You’ll have plenty of space to stretch out inside the biggest Mazda SUV. Get ready to relax on the long Manhattan Beach drives…