Mazda i-ACTIVSENSE® Safety Features & Driver Assist Technology
The Mazda i-ACTIVSENSE® system is a driver assistance suite that utilizes technology like cameras, radar, and collision mitigation features in order to increase driver awareness and decrease the likelihood and impact of an accident. Having this technology adds to the peace of mind a Mazda model provides. Learn more about this system and the features it has with South Bay Mazda today!
What Are the i-ACTIVSENSE® Safety Features?
Adaptive Front-Lighting System (AFS)
- Redondo Beach drivers don’t have night vision. Using AFS can help drivers see in front as well as around the corner, illuminating what’s coming around the curve.
High-Beam Control (HBC)
- For maximum night-driving visibility, you’ll likely need to take advantage of your vehicle’s high beams. The HBC system uses an advanced camera system that is able to recognize when an oncoming or preceding vehicle is in your general vicinity, automatically switching between high and low beams. This means you can enjoy the greatest visibility without blinding drivers around you.
Mazda Radar Cruise Control (MRCC)
- MRCC is Mazda’s advanced cruise control system that uses sonar to determine the distance between you and the back of the vehicle in front of you. This system will then automatically accelerate or brake in order to maintain a safe distance from the vehicle in front of you. This system also includes the Distance Recognition Support System (DRSS), which lets drivers know the exact distance between their vehicle and the one in front of them.
Rear Vehicle Monitoring System (RVM)
- The RVM system also utilizes radar to read to the distance of vehicles approaching from behind on either side. This system provides an audible and visual warning when a vehicle is approaching from behind in a neighboring lane and your turn signal is on.
Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)
- The LDWS system uses an advanced camera system that is able to read lane markers to recognize when your vehicle is drifting out of its lane and sends you a warning to help avoid a dangerous situation. Please note that if the vehicle’s turn signal is turned on when the lane departure occurs, then the LDWS warning does not engage.
Forward Obstruction Warning (FOW)
- Utilizing similar radar technology to that of the Rear Vehicle Monitoring System, FOW is able to recognize when there is a vehicle or obstruction directly in front of the vehicle. If this system senses the distance closing in, it will automatically send a visual and audible alert that warns the driver to brake immediately.
Smart City Brake Support
- Smart City Brake Support is able to automatically apply the brakes when you’re driving in the city at low speeds in order to avoid or mitigate the impact of a head-on collision.
Acceleration Control for AT
- For the select Mazda vehicles that are equipped with an automatic transmission, Acceleration Control for AT automatically sends a warning to the driver if the accelerator is pressed too hard and there is an obstruction in front of the vehicle.
Explore Mazda i-ACTIVSENSE® Safety Features at South Bay Mazda
When you’re ready to test out these features for yourself, make your way to South Bay Mazda to test drive a Mazda model with i-ACTIVSENSE®. Have questions about these features, our models, available savings, learn about the Mazda6 price, or looking to compare models like the Mazda CX-3 vs. Subaru Crosstrek? Contact us today!
More From South Bay Mazda
The Mazda CX-9 is well-known for its sleek styling and spacious interior, but just how much can a Mazda CX-9 tow in 2021? The Mazda CX-9 reaches up to 3,500 pounds of towing power when properly equipped. So whether towing a boat or a camper through Redondo Beach, the Mazda CX-9 opens up brand new opportunities…
The 2021 Mazda CX-30 offers Redondo Beach drivers a subcompact SUV that fits snugly in between the Mazda CX-3 and Mazda CX-5. Though it’s a smaller SUV designed for sharp turning on Torrance streets, the 2021 Mazda CX-30 Skyactiv®-G engine options deliver thrilling Mazda specs. Read on to learn more. Then, fill out a pre-approval…
Available in four configurations which Redondo Beach drivers can pair with two different engine options, the Mazda CX-30 configurations serve up a versatile package. The new Mazda CX-30 trims are also quite affordable. Read on for a breakdown of the Mazda CX-30 interior features available on each of the Mazda CX-30 trim levels. Then fill out…